Another Mixed Media Art Group Swap

This one is for Fabric Paper. This is a technique by Beryl Taylor, the author of Mixed Media Explorations: Blending Paper, Fabric and Embellishment to Create Inspired Designs.


Mixed Media Art Group is definately encouraging me to look outside the box. Here are my first attempts at Fabric Paper. I also have to tell you that I have never used a sewing machine before and my dh purchased one for me because I asked. He knew I wasn't going to sew anything serious because I don't sew! He asked me "What are you going to sew?" and I replied "Stuff". So here is the "Stuff" I am sewing. It took most of the afternoon with Sean's help to figure out how to use the sewing machine but I think I got the hang of it.

These are created with white cotton craft cloth, various colors of tissue paper, Elmers glue and water and an acrylic wash as the final layer.

No comments:

My Stuff