I lost a dear friend today :-(

I clean houses as my day job and most of them have dogs and 99.9% of those dogs, sometimes cats, have become my friends. I look forward to seeing them and they look forward to seeing me. There is such unconditional love and affection from these animals. They don't care what you did yesterday, last night, last year or 10 years ago. You say Hi! and give them a pet with real affection and they are your friend for life. I truly have to say I have a friendship and connection with all of these pets. Most of them are hanging out with me while I am cleaning so I talk to them and occassionally dust them :-) and it's all good. They make what I do quite a bit brighter. Well today I lost one of my most favorite friends and buddy and all around good guy. As of late he would lie down in whatever room I was cleaning and just watch me. In hopes that I would proffer a treat, but I like to think he liked my company. I certainly enjoyed his. I think it's been almost 6 years now that he and I have started our thang. I bring him treats and give him love and he dances for me and makes me dust around him. Mick I will miss you. You are a very special friend and I will never forget you. I'm very sad. I know you are doing better. I can feel you looking down upon us and smiling. Especially your Mom (Vicki). I've never seen quite the connection between two that I saw between the two of you. Here is Mick. He is beautiful within and on the outside as you can see.



I also would like to share something that Vicki and Tom's son Brad shared. It truly says it all about Mick.
I just wanted to drop a note to you all on the passing of our friend. I have nothing but a smile on my face every time I think of that guy. He was with us through tons of fun and some rough times as well. The good times wouldn’t have been as good without him and I think the tough times would have been more difficult if he wasn’t around. I will miss his playfulness and consistent need for contact and even a snack when he could get it. It will be very strange to not hear the “big bark” when I come to the door but I will never forget it. I can’t imagine looking out the back window and not seeing him perched on his table – keeping an eye on the back 40. Mick Jagger of The Stones is pretty cool as celebrities go, but he’s nowhere near as cool as our Mick was.

Brad Bergman

1 comment:

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of Mick.....I know how hard it is to lose a "fluffy" friend!

Hugs~ Kim

My Stuff