ugh

Let us backtrack to November 18th. We are on the freeway to catch a plane to Kauai for our first real vacation in 8 years. We get a phone call from a co worker. The company is closing the doors. Much too complicated to explain. {sigh}

I only wish I had kept up with my technical skills, if that is what you call it, in order to help my family out more. Right now we rely on Sean for the bulk of the income and what I do is fluff. So for now, I am looking for new business but no one is looking right now. It used to be I wasn't answering the phone because I could not keep up, now the phone doesn't ring. {sigh}.

I gotta cook din din.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the lay off, Debby. We've been there, and it sucks. ((hugs))

Holy man, it has been a long time since I've been here. I finally got you in my reader, so I'll always be the first to know when you post now! Woot!

And I missed you! Glad you're back where you belong. ;)

Oh..P.S. (lol!) I did know I won that candy! Thanks for the tip though!

Anonymous said...

Oh bless you. I just found your blog via a comment on mine and came to say thank you but see you're going through a tough time too (I havd just updated my blog since getting your comments and also lost my job so understand). Hope thin gs pick up soon - lovely blog you have! :) x

Ami said...

I'm so sorry to hear this for you. I am in the same "boat" as of Oct 30th my 20 year career is "poof, gone".....however I was expecting it so I had time to prepare. I am thinking about you!!!!

Viv said...

What a bummer Debby... am real sorry to hear about the job loss.... hope the bad times turn round for you real soon.

Pia said...

Oh Debby, that is hard! You will find something I hope! This economy is very worrisome.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! ;) x

Anne said...

Sorry to hear about the job loss Debby :(. I hope something comes up soon for you both. Take care

Anne
x

Janet said...

awwwwwwwww :( sending you lots of hugs!!

My Stuff