By the Sea

By the Sea is the current swap theme over at Hearts In Touch yahoo group . I chose an image from #49 Fantasy Island (8x10). All papers are from Paper Temptress.


Card base is Epic Black Columns. Layers are Canvas Silver Lustre and Glama Natural Turqoise Vellum.

The inside is layered with Solar White Column and Glama Natural Turqoise I wanted to be able to use a regular pen to write a note. As opposed to a white or gel pen.



The lighthouse image is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on to Canvas Silver Lustre.






Look at the shiz above. Pretty cool huh? It has a translucent visual to it. Here's the diff. Below is the same image, same ink, on Georgia Pacific White from Walmart. This paper seems to be a fave for some although it is not a fave of mine.




Click on the image to get a closer look. It's incredible. If you don't get a bigger/better image just give me a shout and I will email it to you.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a terrific weekend.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW what a difference! I love the effect with the silver luster!
great image!!
hugz
deb

Carla said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! I love what you did with the inside!! I'm not a huge fan of GP either, but I think it's popular because it works so well with Prismas and Gamsol.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, Debby! I love that image as I love lighthouses, they remind me of my favourite series. :)
Hugs, Vanja

Heather Schlatter said...

Wow Debby this card is great you are always so so so creative!!!

Great colors and image and layout!!!

Heather

Anne said...

This is stunning. Clever way to be able to write inside without a white pen, looks really classy

Holly Young said...

Amazing difference it makes to the image Debby! I love what you did with this.

My Stuff