Squigglefly Challenge #9 & #10

Challenge #9, to create a one layer card with one embellishment was due last week, but hey, better late then never. Vacation must take priority sometimes. :-)

I opened the digital image "Floral Frenzy" (from Squigglefly of course) in to MS Paint. I then selected paint bucket and clicked on the background thus filling in the background. Remember when Holly did here silhouette here? My background was purely by accident but decided to roll with it to see how it looked. I saved the file with a different file name then pulled the image in to Word. You can find tutorials on how to do this here. The flower crystals are from Creative Crystal. And yes there are 4 crystals. However they are the same embellie so I am counting it as one embellie ;-) The one that looks like a butterfly is a broken flower. Score.
I sorely need to take a photog class. That's my disclaimer.
I had this great Mangue Sparkle paper from Paper Temptress that I thought would be perfect. My sentiment is printed using a font called Scrap Swirl. I then saved the whole file because I had it lined up perfectly and what an easy card to make. You can change the background colors in paint too. Doesn't have to be black. I just thought it would look great with the sparkly yellow.
Yay! Challenge #10! On time! This challenge is: make a card with one oval, one square, glitter & ribbon.

Image is Flower Vase from Squigglefly. The paper is that great Razzleberry Lemonade from Stampin' Up! The grosgrain is Rich Raspberry from SU. So pretty irl. Used nesties to cut out the oval and the scallop square. The SU glitter called Fabulous Fuschia (I've had this forever) is adhered to sticky shapes that I purchased from Jody - Confessions of a Ribbon Addict here. The little birdie is a Martha Stewart punch.

Play along with the weekly challenges and link your creation to Mr. Linky on the Squigglefly Blog . Be sure to check what the featured designers created this week!

Also! For every $15 you spend in the shop, you get a free image, or even a set - your choice, no restrictions! Signing up is super easy, and we'll even give you a jump start by crediting you with any purchases you've already made in July. Head on over to Squigglefly for more information and to get started.


11 comments:

Holly Young said...

Wow Debby, I'm so impressed by your cards! I love how the floral frenzy looks with the background filled in, and how cool that the flower brad broke into a butterfly! People all over are probably breaking their flower brads now!
Your second card is a great take on the challenge! I like that you turned your square into a diamond and I love the effect of the glitter being on the ribbon!

Stef H said...

wow! i love how your first one turned out. i wish i knew how to work my paint program - but then, if i don't check it out i'll never learn - ya think???? call me computer shy - bwwwahhhhaaa!

your second card is stunning. you definitely made that image pop!

hugs,

Lucia said...

Hello, very glad you are enjoying our designs. I am the owner of Creative Crystal. We just added a huge selection of new patterns and lots of Swarovski crystals. If you are not using the BeJeweler to add the crystals, recommend you try it. It's perfect for embellishing cards, wood, etc as well as fabrics. Thanks!

Sara said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning!!! I love how you did the colors!

bumblebee creations said...

O my!!!! I love it--so striking-love those colors together Debby!! I am going to have to get that razzleberry-every time I see it on a card I really like it-love the colors you used for this card too-what a cute vase!!

Leslie said...

Debby, you are so talented! I love the first card so much. I love both cards, but the first one just rocks. I am agreeing with Stef aka Glitterbabe.. I wish I knew how to use all of those programs, but of course haven't really tried. Hugs to you, Leslie

Heather said...

Neat cards- especially the first one with the reverse background. Really unique. You give me such good ideas!

To answer your question- I'm not loving the Memento ink with my clear stamps. Not sure if it is my cardstock but the stamped images seem kind of blurry. I tried different stamp companies but maybe I just need to keep experimenting. Versafine is still my favorite ink for crisp images.

Kim said...

2 great cards Debby!!!!

Maria Matter said...

Wowza these are fabbo Debby!

The black background is brilliant, it's just so striking with the sparkly yellow! Great job!

And your flower vase card is sooo pretty! love the sparkles and that Razz paper is going to be a hit! Fan-tab-u-lous!
Have a super day!
Blessings, Maria

Heather Huggins said...

These are both super cute. I really like the dark one!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Debby!
Hugs, Vanja

My Stuff