Squigglefly Challenge

This weeks challenge at the Squigglefly Blog is "add a bit of yellow to celebrate the beginning of summer". I've so wanted to use this image "Hands" by artist Lynne Stansbery and the sentiment "Parents" by artist Chesney Young,  So yay i finally am!


I inserted the Hands image in to a word doc, rotated the image and then positioned it at 4 1/4. I wanted the image to be part of my background paper. My background paper is Sparkle Blanc from Paper Temptress. The sentiment is also printed on Sparkle Blanc and layered on  Solar Yellow Pearlescent from Paper Temptress. CAS with a hint of yellow. CAS was not part of the challenge but I thought it would be kinda cool this way.


OKAY! I have no idea why this turned out bluish. I had the blinds open, the overhead and the ott lite on. Flash made it worse. However....this does show you the detail of this image and how fabulous it is printed on the Sparkle Blanc CS and I didn't have to treat it, emboss it. Nuthin. Awesome Right!

Another picture showing the sparkle and also the richness of the Pearlescent paper. And you know what to do when you can't cut a straight line? Distress baby!

Visit the Squigglefly Blog for some awesome inspiration and to see how you can win a digi!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh, I really like this left uncolored Debby! The spot of yellow color is a real pop too! Glad to see you back in true Debby form!

Vanja said...

Hi Debby! This is such a beautiful card!
Hugs, Vanja

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS card, loving that image hun xx

freida said...

OHHH I'VE MISSED YOU!!! Had to serve my time on the Grand Jury and it was SOOO NOT fun! Looks like I've missed a lot of some inspiring work! :)

YOU ROCKED THIS GORGEOUS IMAGE, girl! This is simply FABULOUS on this paper! Your yellow touch couldn't be more perfect! SOOO AMAZING!!! :)

Hugs~

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the card and the details GF!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous.

Maria Matter said...

this turned out so beautifully Debby! love that sparkly paper too!
take care
hugs & blessings!

Jodi said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love that you left the image uncolored, and the wonderful sentiment too!!
Great card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

A sunny and sweet card!

My Stuff